Image Map

Monday, February 24, 2014

New Favorite Author: Liane Moriarty



New Favorite Author: Liane Moriarty

                If you are looking for an enjoyable read that you cannot put down, that ALSO has great character development and is thought provoking, look no further.  Liane Moriarty, an author from Down Under, delivers with What Alice Forgot and The Husband’s Secret.   

                What Alice Forgot is the story of, you guessed it, Alice.  She falls off a treadmill at age 40 and gets amnesia.  She can’t remember anything after the age of 29, and finds herself wondering how in the world she got to where she finds herself: a wife in a marriage that is crumbling, over-committed, etc.  Not quite where she thought she would be.  As she gets her memory back, she also pieces her life together with a fresh perspective on what truly is important to her.  Life is short, so we need to spend our time wisely and deliberately.  I felt like I could totally identify with Alice, and often find myself thinking is this a 29 year old Katie decision or something that could put me on a path of no return?  Read it – I promise you will love it.  

                The Husband’s Secret is a Sliding Doors type of novel… a perfect storm between three families who all find themselves intertwined by one horrible tragedy.  With the three families, you meet an array of characters who maybe have a little something in common with yourself (or maybe that’s just me…). Not all, but a few.  Moriarty cleverly weaves them together in this novel, and leaves no stone unturned in the end.  After you read What Alice Forgot, grab this one.  It won’t disappoint!

                Moriarty has two other books out that I have on my list: The Hypnotist’s Love Story: A Novel and The Last Anniversary.  I will update once I have devoured them!

1 comment:

  1. Design looks great! I look forward to reading. Welcome to Bloggy Land! ;-)

    ReplyDelete